Thursday, October 20, 2011

5 eyeshadows and a lip gloss...

Ok so I had another day off today (miracle!) and being the makeup addict that I am, I have been checking up on makeup sales goign on at Target and Walgreens.  Turns out Walgreens is having BOGOs this week on Maybelline, CoverGirl, and Revlon.  I had a few other boring grocery-type things to pick up, so innocent me thought that I'd just pick up a couple eyeshadow quads from Maybelline that I have had my eye on.  So...long story short I got caught up in a whirlwind of eyeshadow palettes and bought FIVE eyeshadow palettes (actually six, but one is meant as a gift for my mom haha).  You have probably read on this blog or heard on my YT page about trying to find the perfect green eyeshadow, and 2 of these palettes have green shades that I wanted to try.  The others are ones that I have heard about on YT, and one was just an impulse buy :)  Here are some pictures of the eyeshadows (I also got a random lip lgoss that I grabbed impulsively but I forgot to take a picture of it and my camera battery died so  I will include it in my next haul video).


Maybelline EyeStudio quad in "Mad for Mauve" - VERY SHIMMERY
(the colors here didn't turn out great but basically from left to right there is a baby pink, a mauve-y purple, an olive green, and a deep burgundy)


Wet N Wild trio in "Knock on Wood" - all slightly shimmery
(mauve-y pink, dark brown, pinkish burgundy)


Wet N Wild in "Sweet As Candy" - all pearly shades
(white, deep brown, blush pink)


Rimmel Glam'Eyes trio in "Tempting" - all slightly shimmery
(shimmery forest gree, springy pear color, white with green shimmer)


Maybelline EyeStudio Color Explosion in "Pink Punch"
(the top shade is a white with pink glitter, next is a plum color, on the left is a shimmery Barbie pink, on the right is a purple-y berry color, and on the bottom is a shimmery soft lavender color)


As you can see, LOTS of pinks and purples with a few greens sprinkled in.  I am LOVING pink and purple on the eyes right now, and I guess my subconscious kicked in while I was picking out shadows.  I'm super excited to try all of these colors. If you are interested, I can include some swatches in another post. I already have the Color Explosion quad in "Caffeine Rush" and absolutely love it, so I'm confident the "Pink Punch" will be another winner.  I LOVE Wet N Wild trios (they are sooo soft!) so I know those will be more favorites of mine.  Let me know if you have tried the other Maybelline EyeStudio quad or the Rimmel trio and what you thought of them!

Are you an impulsive (or compulsive) shopper?  Tell me your shopping weaknesses or a time where you bought wayyyy more than you should have!


No comments:

Post a Comment